Chad Barrett is a founding Principal with AQUILA Commercial. Prior to AQUILA, Chad was with CB Richard Ellis where he was a top producer. He specializes in representing both tenants and landlords in the leasing and disposition of office properties and development sites. His experience on both sides of a leasing transaction provides a broader perspective that enables him to give his clients a unique perspective.
Chad has worked on numerous high-profile institutional representation assignments as well as representing several of Austin largest corporate users. Representative assignments include the leasing of CBD properties including 301 Congress, Hartland Plaza, and Capitol Center and well as suburban assets such as 9500 Arboretum, Research Park Place and 7500 Rialto at Lantana. Corporate user assignments include representing Charles Schwab, Marsh, Siemens and Wachovia.
Chad began his real estate career in 1999 with McShane Corporation - a national real estate development and investment firm based in Chicago. In his capacity with McShane, Chad's responsibilities included performing feasibility analyses for prospective investment opportunities along with project management on existing portfolio.
• Capstar Plaza - represented the landlord in preleasing the entire building (120,000 SF) in 2008
• Research Park Plaza - represented Charles Schwab in closing 400,000 sf of Class "A" office space deals in 12 months in 2003
• Riverplace Corporate Park - increased occupancy of 600,000 sf class "A" office park over 20% in 8 months. Transactions included 70,000 sf lease to Motorola and 35,000 sf Analog Devices lease in 2005
• First American Flood Data Services - represented client in lease restructure and renewal of 78,000 sf at Stonecreek One saving client over $1.5 million in 2006
• Charles Schwab – Represented Charles Schwab in a 200,000 SF lease. The largest lease acquisition in Austin in 2008.
• Austin Business Journal "Heavy Hitters" 2005 - 2012
• Rookie of the Year, Central Texas Offices, CB Richard Ellis, 2003
• Austin Business Journal "Office Transaction of the Year" 2003
• Austin Business Journal "Broker of the Year" Finalist 2003
• BBA in Marketing, University of Iowa